Check out the new page of well-known literary awards. Links coming soon!
Here are some questions you can ask your reviewer to get more direct and usable feedback.
- Are there any words that you think were used too often?
- Did you have to reread any part of the story to understand it?
- Did you feel the author was lecturing to you at any time?
- Do you think the story would work better as a movie, play, book, poem, etc?
- What genre do you think this story is?
- What characters did you feel the most strongly about?
- Did you have to take a break from reading, and if so at what point?
- Did you find yourself skipping over any passages because they seemed to long or over-written?
- Was the main plot clear or needlessly complex?
- Are there any loose ends or holes in the story?
- Was there anything that took you out or distracted you from the story?
- Were there any over used cliches?
- Were you able to get a clear picture of the locations in the story?
- Was the bad guy interesting?
- Was the author overly dramatic at any time?
- Do you know of anyone else who might be interested in this story?